2017 Fund Raiser!
4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
At the Norwich Family YMCA
68-70 North Broad Street
(across from Howard Johnsons),
in Norwich, NY
Advance Sale Tickets: $6.00
(Sold at Norwich YMCA)
"Sip Some Soup - Help a Household!
The CCHH SOUPER BOWL is no ordinary soup sale; this is an experience!
- Taste Soups! There will be dozens of great hot soup choices (and maybe a surprise cold choice too), all you can eat, and great bread donated by La Maison Blanche of Norwich. What a great opportunity to find out what that restaurant's food is like that you haven't been to yet! Great for planning a wedding reception or a catered event. We give you a spoon - you do the tasting. (Click on "2017 Participating Restaurants" to see all the restaurant names and their soups.)
- Read more about this event and the people behind it on the "In the News" page.
- Vote for the Best! Here's how it works: You will pay an entry fee for a "taste of Chenango." Taste as many soups as you want from small (4 oz) cups. Each restaurant will have a "soup label" showing their name, location, and type of soup. Make notes as you go, then... cast your personal vote for your favorite soup so the soup's chefs/restaurant may win a prize! You get to play "food judge" -it's easy and fun! The deserving winner will receive the CCHH Souper Bowl "golden, silver or bronze award." (That's first, second and third respectively.) The esteemed
"people's choice" awards will be designed and created by Oxford artist, John Knapp, and
are sure to be unique creations any chef would be proud to display.
- Beverages: Bottled water is complimentary with your admission.
- Coffee, hot cocoa, and tea concession will be staffed (before 4 p.m.) by the Morrisville State College-Liberty Partnerships Program - Youth Leadership Council. Liberty Partnerships Program is a dropout prevention program for at-risk youth that works with middle and high school students in Norwich, Bainbridge-Guilford, Otselic Valley and Unadilla Valley school districts.
- Coffee and tea, from 4-6, will be provided by the Christ Lutheran Church.
- Enjoy a complimentary yogurt donated by Chobani, Inc.
- "Basket Auction" - (silent auction) Held all day starting at 9 a.m. You don't have to be present to win. (This is optional participation.) It will
take place with fabulous gift certificates, items, and gift
baskets donated by merchants, and some private individuals, from all over Chenango County. Click to see- 2016 Basket List (PDF)
- Generous Donations: See basket list above. 20+ wonderful door prizes will be drawn as well.
raffle - Held all day starting at 9 a.m. You don't have to be present to win. This is optional but, like they say, you never know....
Door Prizes - Everyone has a chance to win! (Watch for updates)
2013 donated prizes were: a tree lopper from Lowe’s, clock/radio/CD player from S&S Appliance, $25 gift cards to Fred’s Inn and Park Place, $25 gift certificate from Giltner’s, and 4 Free 6” subs from Subway! Each year is different, but the prizes are always great.
- Bake Sale - starts ahead of time, at 9 a.m., you can purchase cookies, cupcakes, and other sweet goodies. Additionally, your entry ticket entitles you to one free dessert, however, you can purchase more at the bake sale table. You might want another dessert while you listen to the music or just want to take something special home with you.
Our Habitat host with the most on the mic, Jim Baldwin, will provide detailed descriptions of the silent auction items so you won't miss a thing. Jim will introduce the
- Live entertainment! Jenni Larcher and Tom Murphy.
2017 entertainment will be:
- Jenni Larcher & Tom Murphy who will perform songs from The American Songbook, Vintage Country, Irish and fiddle tunes and a few surprises, like classic ballads of the 40's and 50's.
Jenni and Tom will generously share their time and passion for performing, at no additional cost. Let their music welcome you in to the Souper Bowl while you “Sip Some Soup and Help a Household!”
- All proceeds benefit Chenango County Habitat for Humanity's 6th build. Give while having fun - that's the best part!
SPONSORS - they help to make this all possible. Big CCHH thank yous to: Norwich Family YMCA, Community Bank, Pennysaver, Rapid Reproductions, Visions Federal Credit Union, NBT Bank, Preferred Mutual, Chobani, Raymond, Woollybear Web, and the Christ Lutheran Church (-who will be providing the beverages)!
Contact CCHH if you are interested in
getting involved. Restaurants, merchants, volunteers - especially students
to ladle soup (for community service time) are needed.
Restaurants: a gallon of your best soup in a plug-in crock pot or a sterno chafing dish as well as a small sized ladle and (optional) a couple of loaves of your specialty bread. We would be happy to pick up your soup betw. 12-3 p.m. the day of the event, and we'll return your equipment within a day or two after. We follow health code enforcement regulations regarding soup temperature.
- (Watch for updates!)
Click here for a restaurant Registration Form (PDF). Registration forms need to be returned by mid-February, to your soup representative or by mail. By mail send to: Habitat for Humanity, c/o Terri Bickford, 2600 State Highway 206, Greene, NY 13778.
Click for a black and white (8.5"x11") SBposter-2017 (PDF).
Contact Terri Bickford, CCHH fundraising committee chair at (607) 656-8155 or email: CCHHsouperbowl@gmail.com .
For all other volunteering or donations, contact Sandy Colton, 272 State Hwy 320, Norwich, NY 13815 (607) 334-7492 or Kathy Knudsen, (607) 639-1176 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include "Habitat" in the subject).
Habitat for Humanity
offers “a hand up, not a handout”. Your involvement and contributions
help Habitat make dreams come true by helping to provide affordable
housing to families in Chenango County.